Here are 30 of my favorite ways I save money. These are things that I do on a regular basis and it's become part of my everyday life. They are not listed in any particular order. Click on the highlighted links to read more money saving tips. Let's face it, we could all use a little more cash especially during these challenging times. I hope these money saving hacks will help you save some money too :)
2. Make your own homemade gifts and greeting cards.
3. Walk whenever you can, it saves gas and is a great form of exercise.
4. Be aware of bank fees and avoid out-of-network ATM fees.
5. Find fun and frugal activities this fall season.
6. Cancel your landline and rely on your mobile phone.
7. Pay bills online and save money on postage stamps.
8. Make a grocery list before heading out to the supermarket.
9. Turn off lights when not in use, to save a little on your energy bill.
10. Cancel your cable and watch your favorite shows online.
11. When dining out or ordering takeout, split an entree and skip the dessert.
12. Tackle DIY projects around the house instead of hiring an expensive professional.
13. Upcycle and re-purpose old items vs. discarding them.
14. Cook at home more and eat out (or order takeout) less often.
15. Order water instead of expensive drinks when dining out.
16. Buy am $8 cooked rotisserie chicken and make up to 4 different meals.
17. Join loyalty and rewards programs for perks and discounts.
18. Use a rewards credit card(s) and pay balance off every month.
19. Always comparable shop to get the best price.
20. Keep all receipts in case you need to return something.
21. Adopt and save a rescue pet instead of buying from a breeder.
22. Get free mulch, wood chips or compost from local sources.
23. Host a clothes, bags, shoes swapping party with friends.
24. Color your own hair at home and save a lot of cash.
25. Automate bill payments so you won’t forget and get charged with late fees.
26. Shop thrift stores, garage sales and second hand stores.
27. Shop at the dollar stores for basic home, office and school supplies.
28. Save and recycle gift bags, ribbons and wrapping paper.
29. Shop around for better car and home insurance rates.
30. Stay healthy by boosting your immune system in order to avoid doctor visits.