Black Friday & Beyond Beauty Deals
Here are some great online beauty deals that one of my favorite sites compiled - thank you SavvySugar!
Note: please check with retailers prior to shopping to verify deals listed above.
Does Frugal Living Help To Evade Debt?
Happy Frugal Friday! I'm sharing a guest post by Christina Jones, a financial content writer. She has also been contributing to many personal finance blogs as a guest columnist. Read on...
Are you under the notion that frugal living is all about leading a colorless and wretched life? Then the answer is surely no, as you are harboring the wrong notion. Frugal living helps you save a considerable amount of money by trimming your budget smartly.
You can enjoy your life by practicing good spending habits and staying within your means. Avoid getting into debt by exercising financial discipline with a realistic frugal budget. However, if you have already incurred overwhelming debt, then enroll in a debt reduction program to regain control over the situation. Once you get out from the trap of debt, then you can have that frugal lifestyle to avoid debt in the future. Remember that frugality can help you manage your finances.
What are the frugal strategies to avoid getting into the trap of debt? Here are 5 helpful recommendations.
1. You can avoid splurging your hard earned money by trying out frugal fashion. Make sure that you avoid designer branded clothes if you are planning a frugal lifestyle. You can look for fashionable clothes at discounted prices. You need to change your way of expenditure to manage your finances. Look for offers on stores and buy clothes when the stores offer sales.
2. Whenever you go shopping, make sure that you take coupons. Coupons can help you lead a frugal life so it is considered to be an important item when you are planning to save money. You can save a considerable amount of money when you use coupons especially when shopping for groceries.
3. You can also buy items at wholesale prices and try to get things in bulk at a discount. You can prepare a list of the items that you need every month. If you purchase things in bulk, you can save a considerable amount of money. It’ll also help you save money on gasoline as you are not required to shop as often.
4. When you use a credit card, you tend to spend a little more than you’ll be able to afford. Make sure that you try using cash more often than credit cards, unless you know you can pay off the balance each month. If you always use a credit card, you might incur more debt if your expenses exceed your income.
5. You can save a lot of money on food and entertainment. Avoid going out for dinners in posh restaurants, instead prepare your meals at home. Instead of going out to movies, make some popcorn at home and watch films on DVDs.
You can adopt the practice of frugal living by learning the process of spending wisely everyday.
Happy November Tuesday! It's been a very busy last couple of weeks, sorry I haven't posted a blog in a while. We have been moving stuff all week long because we just sold our beach cottage!
When Jim and I purchased the beach cottage, the goal was to renovate it, live there for three years, enjoy living close to the ocean, then sell it. We even entertained the idea of moving there full time, since it's much bigger than the house we currently live in.
Well, four years later, the timing seemed right to put it up for sale. Even though the real estate market has bounced back, there was still that risk that you are not going to make a profit when it's time to sell. I'm happy to say that all our hard work paid off, this investment proved to be a savvy decision after all.
One of the most enjoyable and rewarding part for me was designing each room's color scheme and shopping for the perfect furnishings & accessories to decorate the beach cottage. I believe that by presenting the house as a place someone can see themselves living in helped sell the beach cottage. One of the rooms that was a big selling point is the large sunroom, which is my favorite room (see before and after photos). Not only was the sunroom a hit, I was able to negotiate the furniture and accessories to make the deal happen. I also did some savvy negotiating with other furniture and accessories towards the sale of the home.
We will miss the beach cottage, but what is even more rewarding than decorating the place is that a wonderful family will now get to enjoy it and make new memories in their new home. To my gleeful surprise, the family that purchased the home has a beautiful English Bulldog, which just proves that they were meant to live in the home that we lovingly worked on.
Some of our popular articles