In a nutshell, these 10 thrifty tips I've listed below have helped me and other people I know cut down on their monthly expenses. I hope these practical tips will inspire some of you to do the same.
1. Create a Budget: determine a realistic monthly budget and stick to it.
2. Eat at Home: cook at home as much as possible and eat your leftovers!
3. Shop Thrift Stores and Yard Sales: stop paying retail for perfectly decent furniture, clothes and more.
4. Use Coupons: be on the lookout for coupons you will actually use from stores you shop.
5. Recycle: bring bottles, cans, newspapers, cardboard, etc... to your local recycle center and get cash!
6. Use Rewards or Loyalty Cards: such as credit card, coffee card, airline card, auto club card, etc...
7. Shop Around: before buying a relatively expensive item, it pays to shop around for the best price.
8. Get Cash-back: when shopping online, receive cash-back or rebates on sites such as Mr. Rebates.
9. Dollar Stores: shop for non-food items such as greeting cards, office, kitchen & laundry supplies.
10. Homemade Gifts: create unique gifts such as fresh baked cookies, plant arrangements, jewelry, etc...