I recently furnished our living room in Oceanside, California with furniture and accessories from thrift stores, discount home stores, sidewalk finds and hand me downs.
You really can have a stylish room without spending a fortune. The total cost of the living room was only $350.
Here’s a photo of the living room and an itemized list of where I acquired my frugal items:
- Shabby Chic Sofa + Ottoman – Thrift Store $200 set
- Assorted Pillows - Ross & Marshall’s $7 each
- Coffee Table – Yard Sale $5
- Small Nesting Tables – Donated (thanks Leslie)
- Silver Bowl and Shells – Donated (thanks again Leslie)
- Sun, Sand, Surf Coasters – Ross $5 each
- Colored Glass Vases – Rummage Sale $3 each
- Retro Ashtray – Swap Meet (free at end of day)
- Vintage Lamp + Shade – Antique Store $25
- Sheer Curtains – Ross, Target $8 per panel
- White Tray – Salvation Army $5
- Flea Market Book on Tray – Gift
- Side Table – Sidewalk Discard (re-stained with new knobs)