If you've been honored to be part of a bridal party, it is customary to throw the bride-to-be a bridal shower.
You and the rest of the bridesmaids don't have to spend a lot of money to have a fun and memorable party.
Here are 5 money saving tips when throwing a frugal bridal shower party:
1. INVITATIONS - Save money and the environment by not sending paper invitations. Instead, send digital invitations from sites such as Canva, Evite, Paperless Post, etc.. for free!
2. HOUSE PARTY - Instead of going to an expensive restaurant, host the party at one of the bridesmaid's or a good friend's house. Hosting it at someone's house is more intimate and casual. Another option is a shower at the park - picnic style! For frugal picnic ideas, click here.
3. DECOR - You can incorporate colors from the bride's wedding colors in the shower decor. Shop stores such as Dollar Tree or Dollar General for basic party goods. For centerpieces or even as favors, consider potted plants such as succulents and use her colors for accents.
4. FOOD & DRINKS - By making most of the food, this can save a substantial amount of money alone. You can also ask select friends to help out by making it a potluck soiree. Be on the lookout for drinks (water, soda, wine, etc) that are on sale at your local warehouse or grocery stores.
5. PARTY FAVORS - You can get creative and spend very little money with DIY favors. They could be homemade bath scrub, candle in a small tin can, cookies in a pouch, succulent in a small pot, etc..