Here in the Los Angeles area, the weather forecast says the high will be in the low 80's. A welcome change from the 100 degree weather we've been having.
If you are looking for fun and free things to do this holiday weekend (actually on any weekend), I've come up with at least 10 fun (mostly) outdoor activities that require little to no money at all.
1. Head To The Beach - pack up a cooler with food and drinks and head to the nearest beach. Leave early so you can get good parking for free.
2. Visit Farmers Markets - check out a few farmers market within your neighborhood. Sample a taste or two of some of the fresh fruits or drinks the vendors are offering.
3. Pack A Picnic - Go to your nearby park with picnic basket in tow filled with yummy food, drinks & treats. Enjoy a leisurely day under a shady tree while listening to cool music.
4. Play Sports Outdoors - whether it's a game of basketball, tennis, tag football or frisbee ... the important thing is that you are amongst friends and having fun!
5. Stroll Art Festivals & Street Fairs - make a day out of of browsing through local artist's arts and crafts as well as other interesting vendor wares.
6. Check Out Flea Markets - explore local swap meets or flea markets and discover truly one-of-a-kind treasures.
7. Host A Potluck - instead of going out to a restaurant, get together with your favorite people and have a potluck at someone's house. You can rotate who will host the party next time amongst everyone.
8. Tour Open Houses - pick a neighborhood that you might want to move to someday. Pick up a few ideas on how you might decorate your own home.
9. Go For A Walk - whether it's a walk along the beach or the park, enjoy every sight along the way.
10. Plan Your Next Trip - it's never too early to start planning your next vacation. You not only save time, but money too! Plus, it gives you something to look forward to.