Happy December Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. My tradition each year is to break out the holiday decor exactly on December 1st. Since our spanish house is small, I don't decorate with a traditional large Christmas tree, instead I used smaller trees and wreaths throughout.
I want to share a few items on my coffee table vignette (see photo above) that I've collected over the years, either from thrift stores, yard sales or gifts from friends. Since my current home decor has hints of Paris, I incorporated them with my holiday decor in the living room pulling the red color to unify the look. Look for more photos and tips throughout this holiday season.
- Faux tree with burlap base - $9 from Big Lots!
- Basket jug (I added twigs) - $5 from Veterans thrift store
- Two candle holders (I painted them white) - gift from a friend
- Large tray on coffee table - $3 from garage sale
- Ceramic baby Jesus - gift from friend
- White coffee table (not shown) - $8 from yard sale
- Eiffel Tower burlap pillow on wing chair - $15 from Marshall's
- Fleur di lis ceramic coasters - $6 on sale from Carlsbad antique shop
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Happy Tuesday Before Thanksgiving! If you are in the market for something specific, you can score some deals during this crazy weekend. I personally don't enjoy standing in line days before a store opens just so that I'm one of the first to buy whatever! Don't fight the crowds, buy anything you need online. Not only will you save the hassle of standing in line and parking, you'll save money on gas and get the best deals by comparison shopping in the comfort of your own home! Now that's simple, smart, savvy and frugal. My go to online hub for the best deals all year round is Amazon
. Happy Thanksgiving and happy shopping!!
Black Friday & Beyond Beauty Deals
Here are some great online beauty deals that one of my favorite sites compiled - thank you SavvySugar!
- Ahava: From Nov. 27 to Dec. 2, you'll get 40 percent off sitewide. You can also get a hand cream gift set for $18 (originally $42).
- Alba Botanica: When you enter the code ALBATHANKYOU, you can get a buy two, get one free deal.
- Alterna: Get the 3 Steps to Flawless Hair Kit with shampoo, conditioner, and CC cream for only $10 (originally $26) at Sephora only.
- Avalon Organics: Get 20 percent off your entire cart when you enter the discount code AVALONTHANKS.
- Bath & Body Works: Spend $40 get a limited-edition tote filled with the brand's best sellers for just $20.
- Beauty.com: Free Dr. Brandt Skin Exfoliant with any $35 purchase!
- Bliss: Save 20 percent off Remede and Elemis. Use promo code 20FORYOU. Good until 1/1/14.
- Butter London: You can get the special Fashion Size Duo With Slapper and Knackered polishes for just $10. On the site, you'll also be able to get 20 percent off and 50 percent off all last-call items. Just use the code CYBER2013.
- Dr. Brandt: You'll get 40 percent off your purchase from midnight Nov. 27 to midnight Nov. 29.
- Drybar: Joy to the Hair gift certificates are on sale for $40 (originally $50). Each coaster can be redeemed for one blowout and a scalp massage.
- Fresh: Head to any Fresh store to get a free Life Rollerball with a purchase of $100 or more.
- Go Smile: Buy the Smile Whitening Light System for only $69 (originally $129).
- H2O+: With any purchase of $100 or more, you'll get $25 off. Plus, receive a miniature Sea Salt Skin Smoother when you shop from 6 to 10 a.m.
- John Masters Organics: Get a 25 percent discount on the entire site with the code HOLIDAY13.
- Make Up For Ever: Get two full-size Aqua Shadows for $10 at Sephora.
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics: Enter the code MANNAB150, and get 50 percent off the entire site.
- Miss Jessie's: The entire site is 40 percent off.
Note: please check with retailers prior to shopping to verify deals listed above.
- Nourish Organic: Nourish is painting Black Friday green with 50 percent off all its products. Just type in GREEN50.
- Ole Henriksen: The Clean Sweep Kit, which includes the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser and the Truth to Go Wipes, will be on sale for $10 (originally $16) on Black Friday only.
- OPI: The special four-piece polish set Cheers to the Holidays will only be $8 on Black Friday at Ulta stores.
- Ouidad: On Black Friday, you can get 20 percent off all orders and an extra 5 percent if you spend $60.
- Pangea Organics: All items are buy one, get one free. Plus, you'll get free shipping if you spend more than $100.
- Pearl: Pearl Ionic Teeth Whitening System is 40 percent off on Black Friday.
- Peter Thomas Roth: The entire site is 20 percent off on Friday, Nov. 29.
- Philosophy: Get the limited-edition holiday scents of the 3-in-1 Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath for only $10 (originally $17) in Ulta stores.
- Scotch Naturals: You can get the Detox Package for 25 percent less using the code BLACKFRIDAY.
- StriVectin: You'll receive a four-piece gift with purchase that includes samples of the brand's top antiaging sellers and a cosmetics bag free with any purchase of $89 or more. Use the code TREATX4.
- Tanda: Finally try out the LED devices from Tanda, since they're 40 percent off.
- Ulta: Get the Starry Lights Light-Up Blockbuster kit for just $17 (originally a $200 value).
- Urban Decay: Purchase a six-shade Revolution Lipstick set for $50 (originally $132), or get a special travel set with setting spray, mascara, shadow primer, and pencils for just $35 (originally $72).
- Vapour Organic Beauty: With the code BLACKFRIDAY13, you'll get 30 percent off your shopping cart.
Cyber Monday Deals
After finishing all the turkey leftovers, it's time to see if there are any deals online! Click on the banner below to find some ahh-mazing Cyber Monday deals in electronics and more!
Holiday Toy Deals
It's never too early to shop for holiday toys for kids. Save time and the hassle of shopping at those big box toy stores. Click on the banner below and see what new toys are hot this season!
Happy Frugal Friday! Today's blog will focus on ways anyone can make their lives a little less complicated and a lot more stress-free.
I've listed some ways that I've personally done to simplify my life and in the process either saved money or even made some money!
Here are my top 10 tips on simplifying your life:1. Declutter & Purge
- We all tend to accumulate "stuff". When it becomes a bit overwhelming, it's time to declutter your home, your car, your closet, your purse/wallet and your office. I allow myself to purchase one new (or vintage) item as long as I've purged one item out aka the "one in, one out" rule. I usually have a garage sale (extra money, yay!) or donate it to charity once I've edited things I no longer need or want.2. Organize
- Now that you've gotten rid of unnecessary clutter, it's time to get organized! I've found that baskets are a great way to keep things neat and tidy. I use baskets for towels in the linen closet, for office supplies, I even use baskets in my refrigerator. Keep paperwork, bills, invoices, etc.. labeled and filed in folders. You can also save a lot of time by organizing your closet so that you can see everything at a glance. By having a place for everything it will make it easier and simpler to find things when you need them.3. Consolidate Finances
- Although I believe in having a diversified investment portfolio, I think having one or two banking institutions has made my life a little more simple. I only use one credit card (linked to my checking account) which I always pay off each month. Plus it's a cash-back rewards credit card. I keep track of all of my expenses daily, so there are no surprises (like fraudulent charges). I have my savings and CD's with Ally Bank, which is a great online bank that offers one of the best interest rates.4. Make a List
- I'm a big believer of writing things down. Whether it's a grocery list, an errands list, a 5 year goal list, etc.. I think it's important to visualize your tasks or goals. For example, by having a list when I go food shopping, I tend to stick to the list and in turn save money along the way. It's a great feeling to cross something off my list once I've accomplished said item on list.5. Eliminate Cable & Landline
- I eliminated both my cable/satellite and home phone line years ago. It's so freeing to not waste time flipping channels looking for shows I don't really care about. I now only watch my favorite shows (queued on Hulu) online for free when I want to. I got rid of my landline and only use my cell phone
, because my cell plan is unlimited everything (click on Solavei banner below), this saves me a lot of money! My only home technology expense is internet, which is less than $40 a month.6. Plan Errands Efficiently
- When I run errands or go shopping, I try to do it all in one trip. Not only does this save me time and effort, but it saves on gasoline as well. If there's a coupon that's about to expire and it's something I am actually going to use, I plan my trip around that day.7. Automate Payments
- Most people already do this - by automating your bill paying online, you will never miss a payment, which means you avoid late fees plus you save money on postage. Set up auto payments for your mortgage, credit card, utilities, etc.. online. Make sure to keep track of your recurring expenses so that you know you're within your monthly budget. You should also automatically deposit a recurring amount to your savings account.8. Don't Let Things Pile Up
- The most overwhelming part of tidying up is when it's a big pile of mess! Don't let things get to a point where it seems too much to take on. For example, when the mail arrives, designate whether it's something to keep or toss in recycle bin. Also, when you have enough dirty clothes for a large load (in cold water to save energy) then it's time to do laundry. Rather than waiting till there's a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, wash them after each meal. By doing chores when they need to be done will seem less daunting. 9. Pay Off Your Debt
- This is easier said than done, but once you've eliminated or at least reduced your debt, you will feel a sense of freedom that's priceless! One tip I've already shared is to pay off your credit card balance at the end of each month, which means you don't incur interest charges. I have a set amount each month that I try to not go over (barring emergencies of course). Tackle your lower balanced loans or debts first and try to pay those off right away. If possible, use cash as much as possible and only spend what you can afford to pay off.10. Eat Leftovers
- I think it's a shame when perfectly good food goes to waste. Often times when we go out to eat, I or some of my friends have food they couldn't finish - I'm always the one packing it up to take home. By eating leftovers, it's just one more meal I don't have to worry about cooking, plus it's über frugal. Another simple tip that goes a long way is to make chicken
soup in a slow cooker, this can make several cups of soup and clean up is easy!
Happy Frugal Friday! I'm sharing a guest post by Christina Jones, a financial content writer. She has also been contributing to many personal finance blogs as a guest columnist. Read on...
Are you under the notion that frugal living is all about leading a colorless and wretched life? Then the answer is surely no, as you are harboring the wrong notion. Frugal living helps you save a considerable amount of money by trimming your budget smartly.
You can enjoy your life by practicing good spending habits and staying within your means. Avoid getting into debt by exercising financial discipline with a realistic frugal budget. However, if you have already incurred overwhelming debt, then enroll in a debt reduction program
to regain control over the situation. Once you get out from the trap of debt, then you can have that frugal lifestyle to avoid debt in the future. Remember that frugality can help you manage your finances.
What are the frugal strategies to avoid getting into the trap of debt? Here are 5 helpful recommendations.
1. You can avoid splurging your hard earned money by trying out frugal fashion. Make sure that you avoid designer branded clothes if you are planning a frugal lifestyle. You can look for fashionable clothes at discounted prices. You need to change your way of expenditure to manage your finances. Look for offers on stores and buy clothes when the stores offer sales.
2. Whenever you go shopping, make sure that you take coupons. Coupons can help you lead a frugal life so it is considered to be an important item when you are planning to save money. You can save a considerable amount of money when you use coupons especially when shopping for groceries.
3. You can also buy items at wholesale prices and try to get things in bulk at a discount. You can prepare a list of the items that you need every month. If you purchase things in bulk, you can save a considerable amount of money. It’ll also help you save money on gasoline as you are not required to shop as often.
4. When you use a credit card, you tend to spend a little more than you’ll be able to afford. Make sure that you try using cash more often than credit cards, unless you know you can pay off the balance each month. If you always use a credit card, you might incur more debt if your expenses exceed your income.
5. You can save a lot of money on food and entertainment. Avoid going out for dinners in posh restaurants, instead prepare your meals at home. Instead of going out to movies, make some popcorn at home and watch films on DVDs.
You can adopt the practice of frugal living by learning the process of spending wisely everyday.
Happy November Tuesday! It's been a very busy last couple of weeks, sorry I haven't posted a blog in a while. We have been moving stuff all week long because we just sold our beach cottage!
When Jim and I purchased the beach cottage, the goal was to renovate it, live there for three years, enjoy living close to the ocean, then sell it. We even entertained the idea of moving there full time, since it's much bigger than the house we currently live in.
Well, four years later, the timing seemed right to put it up for sale. Even though the real estate market has bounced back, there was still that risk that you are not going to make a profit when it's time to sell. I'm happy to say that all our hard work paid off, this investment proved to be a savvy decision after all.
One of the most enjoyable and rewarding part for me was designing each room's color scheme and shopping for the perfect furnishings & accessories to decorate the beach cottage. I believe that by presenting the house as a place someone can see themselves living in helped sell the beach cottage. One of the rooms that was a big selling point is the large sunroom, which is my favorite room (see before and after photos). Not only was the sunroom a hit, I was able to negotiate the furniture and accessories to make the deal happen. I also did some savvy negotiating with other furniture and accessories towards the sale of the home.
We will miss the beach cottage, but what is even more rewarding than decorating the place is that a wonderful family will now get to enjoy it and make new memories in their new home. To my gleeful surprise, the family that purchased the home has a beautiful English Bulldog
, which just proves that they were meant to live in the home that we lovingly worked on.
Sunroom Before: That's Jim working on removing the middle wall in order to visually lengthen the room.
Sunroom After: This 7 ft wicker sofa is just one of three sitting areas. See other sitting areas below.
Sunroom After: Cozy front of the room sitting area.
Sunroom After: Middle area of the sunroom retreat.
Happy Frugal Friday! Remember last month I told you about a way to spend less on your cell phone service? Click here
to read about it. Well, that same company Solavei
has opened up another means to save money on everyday necessities.
They've developed the Solavei Marketplace
, where you get cash back rewards from either shopping online or shopping at your local brick and mortar store - how awesome is that?!!
All you have to do is sign up for Solavei's affordable mobile phone service, which is only $49/month + tax. You then receive your own Solavei debit/credit card where you earn money by sharing the cell service savings with others and now it will be where your earn your cash back rewards as well. Click here
to find out how.
If you recall (in my earlier post
) they exceeded my expectation by offering unlimited everything... unlimited voice, text and data for $49 a month on a 4G T-Mobile network. As I mentioned, I was fortunate that my phone was compatible (GSM), and that I was not in a contract, and that my phone was already unlocked. But it gets even better, Solavei
also offers an opportunity for everyone to share this great savings with others. If you tell 3 other people and they sign up their mobile phone service with Solavei
, you earn $60 total - so basically your cell phone service if free! Tell more people, you make even more money! How absolutely cool is that - frugal, smart and savvy!
So, in addition to their great, affordable mobile phone plan - they now offer a way for you to get cash-back rewards when you shop popular online retailers as well as local merchants. I was so excited to find out that one of my favorite places is on their list of hundreds of retailers. This store is .... wait for it... Trader Joe's
, can you believe it? I love, yes love TJ - great prices, great food choices, great samples:) and now I can get 10% back for shopping where I normally shop anyway! I just activate the offer then shop. Another store I frequent is Starbucks, now by using my Solavei
card, I get 15% cash back on my Starbucks purchases! Depending on where you live, they have a great selection of other local merchants to choose from.
Here's just a sampling of brick and mortar stores you can get cash-back from... Ann Taylor, Gymboree, Macy's, Old Navy, Sports Authority, Starbucks, Subway, Trader Joe's, Urban Outfitters, Vitamin Shoppe - they are adding new merchants to the Solavei Marketplace all the time! Of course, they have hundreds of online retailers if you prefer to do your shopping online and get cash back. They have great values on merchandise, entertainment, dining, travel and more!
Watch the two video overviews below on how the Marketplace
Here's how it works:
With Solavei Marketplace, you can earn Cash back every day – whether you're shopping in a store or on the Solavei Marketplace site. Earning is as easy as 1, 2, 3 - here's how...
- Make purchases with your Solavei Card. We have partnered with hundreds of your favorite national retailers and local stores so you can always find what you’re looking for. Make sure you check out the new, exclusive offers that require you to activate before shopping.
- Here's how you can earn cash back:
• ONLINE: Earn cash back when you shop at participating retailers through the Solavei site.
• IN-STORE: Earn cash back when shopping at participating stores just by using your Solavei card.
• ACTIVATE: Earn cash back when you activate offers on the site and shop before the expiration date.
3. WATCH IT ADD UP
- With so many opportunities to earn, your cash back will add up fast!
If you have any questions about the Marketplace
, please visit Solavei's FAQs
I hope you see the enormous benefit of spending less on your mobile phone service and getting cash-back for shopping via the Marketplace
with Solavei. One of my favorite motto is... Don't ever buy anything at full price - always aim to get cash back with every purchase.
To find out more about the great savings with the phone service, opportunity to make money, or the cash back Marketplace
, click on this link - http://www.solavei.com/MarissaWinfrey
If you have any further questions, please send me an email or call 310-619-3055.
Happy Frugal Friday! Can you believe Halloween is right around the corner? If you are attending a Halloween party or event and don't want to spend a mint on expensive costumes - you can get creative by putting together your own! A must is to visit local thrift stores to see what you can piece together for a bargain. Or get crafty and make or construct your own creative one-of-a-kind costume!
Here are some frugal, clever and inexpensive costume ideas for you to get inspired. Whether it's couples costumes, group costumes, kids costumes or pet costumes - you can be creative on the cheap.
Hippies - just add funky patches to some flared jeans, a couple of big wigs, groovy shades, chains and loud shirts along with the peace sign...
like Jim and I did last year.
Ken and Barbie - if you can pull this awesome couples costume off, all you need is a couple of cardboard boxes, some pink spray paint, a suit and a Barbie-worthy gown from a thrift store.
Fred and Wilma - this costume is so cute and easy. You can make it without sewing! All you need are felt material, scissors and hot glue gun! Accessorize with plastic pearls for Wilma.
Ghosts - a true halloween classic! All it takes are a some white sheets and black material for the eyes. The kids can wear their own black pants for this spooky look, an option are orange socks.
| | Bunny Dog
- all you need are bunny ears, buck teeth and a shirt big enough to pull over any bulldog's
head. Add a bunny tail instead of the buck teeth and shirt.. this bully is now a Playboy bunny!
| | Hawaiian Dog
- this was our beloved Newman
. This is an easy and affordable pet costume, buy a few leis from the dollar store and say aloha! For more cute pet costume ideas, click here
Happy Savvy Sunday! If you are like me, I love to indulge in a good cup of coffee or latte or frappuccino at Starbucks. However, it's not the most frugal. But, you gotta treat yourself once in a while, right! You can still have your frappuccino and drink it too - for free!
Here are my top 7 Starbucks savings tips for you coffee lovers!
1. Rewards Card - sign up for their Rewards Program, where you get a free drink after purchasing 12 drinks. It's always a treat to get a free frappuccino with whip cream! Plus, with your rewards card - drink refills are free!
2. Free Birthday Treat - another benefit for signing up for their Rewards Program is that you get a free drink or food on your birthday!
3. Refills - even if you don't have a rewards card, brewed coffee refills are affordable, at only 50 cents during the same visit.
4. Add Chocolate - for that extra yummy taste (for free), add their chocolate powder to your coffee drink! You can also add cinnamon or vanilla powder.
5. Just Water - I often work on my laptop at Starbucks and sometimes I just want to sip on a cup of water. Simply ask the barista for a complementary cup of ice water.
6. Your Own Cup - BYOC, by bringing your own reusable mug, cup or tumbler you can save 10 cents on your drink.
7. Bigger Cup - instead of asking for "room for cream" - order a Tall in a Grande cup or a Grande in a Venti cup. You won't pay any more for a bigger cup, and you won't be wasting precious coffee.
What is one of your biggest recurring monthly expense besides mortgage or rent and a car payment? I'm quite fortunate that I don't have a car payment and my mortgage payment is pretty reasonable. However, it was only a year ago that I finally got smart and ditched my expensive mobile phone service plan - I won't mention names, but the company has an A, a T and another T in their name! I was paying almost $90 a month for very limited talk minutes, an additional $5 for a 200 text plan. I did keep my "unlimited" data plan since I signed my "contract" back in 2009. So needless to say, I've been out of that dreaded 2-year contract since 2011.
I found out about this new company, named Solavei
that offered affordable cell phone service for only $49 per month. I was definitely interested in finding out more! They exceeded my expectation by offering unlimited everything... unlimited voice, text and data for $49 a month on a 4G T-Mobile network. I was lucky that my phone was compatible (GSM), and that I was not in a contract, and that my phone was already unlocked. But it gets even better, Solavei
also offers an opportunity for everyone to share this great savings with others. If you tell 3 other people and they sign up their mobile phone service with Solavei
, you earn $60 total - so basically your cell phone service if free! Tell more people, you make even more money! How absolutely cool is that - frugal and savvy!
is having a "Fall into Savings" promotion, get your first 2 months, of unlimited 4G mobile service for just $39/month. Hurry, this deal ends 10/31/13, phone service must be activated by 11/15/13 for the $39 (first 2 months). Taxes and fees may apply.
To find out more about this great savings and opportunity to make money, visit this website for more details. http://www.solavei.com/MarissaWinfrey
. If you have any questions, send me an email or call 310-619-3055
Ahh, Fall is in the air! The Autumn Equinox officially started Sunday, September 22nd. In some parts of the country, the weather is starting to transition to be a bit cooler. The leaves are starting to turn beautiful colors and it's time to pull out those sweaters stored away for the summer! Although I love Summer, Spring as well as Fall weather is much more pleasant (and cozier) for me.
Enjoy the Fall season by indulging in some great activities that are not only fun but free (or practically free)! For more tips and ideas on Fall happenings, click here
. Here are my top 15 fun and frugal Fall festivities and activities. Try some of them this weekend.
1. Decorate your home with collections of Fall inspired items such as pine cones, autumn leaves, twigs, etc...
2. Create a welcoming DIY Fall decor at your front door like the photo above. Click here
to find out how!
3. Bake a delicious pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or some pumpkin cookies!
4. Visit a local pumpkin patch with your children for a kids point-of-view experience!
5. Do some Fall Cleaning... keep, donate, or purge items you no longer want or need.
6. Before the weather gets too chilly, plan a picnic in the park and bring a blanket.
7. Take a relaxing stroll down your favorite Old Town and browse the shops for Fall inspirations.
8. Host an Autumn potluck party with dishes such as pumpkin soup, turkey sandwiches, etc...
9. Go for a hike or a bike ride while taking in the season's beautiful scenery.
10. Make your own creative Halloween costume!
11. Sit in your favorite comfy chair with a great book while sipping a hot apple cider.
12. Start making homemade Christmas presents.
13. Attend a free local Fall festival or Oktoberfest event.
14. Check out a local museum on their free admission days.
15. Make a list of what you are thankful for. Not just for Fall but all year round:)
Happy Thrifty Tuesday! Have you ever dreamed and wished you were rich? This book by James Roguski
will make everyone who reads it a better and greater person. It will equip you with a working knowledge of the inner power that enables each of us to achieve any worthy goal and to enjoy all the pleasures that life has to offer.
You can unfold all of the buried talents and powers that lie dormant within you and learn how to apply these powers to increase your effectiveness, your energy, your discernment, your vigor and your mental capacity. You will learn exactly how to succeed at anything and everything you choose to do.
When you apply the information in this book, you will take possession of long lost abilities and secure results that you may have never dreamed possible. Amongst these are the recognition of opportunity, a strengthening of your will, better use of your imagination, improved reasoning, and a more controlled use of your intuition, desire and emotions.
You will increase your initiative, your tenacity and your wisdom as well as your enjoyment and satisfaction in life. This book will help to attune you with the Infinite Intelligence so that you will attract all that you need into your life, repel all that you do not want, and live in harmony with the fundamental laws of Nature and Sprit.
Every person who is blessed to discover and place into practice the knowledge that is found on the pages of this powerful book will have substantial advantages over everyone else on earth. Some people seem to attract success, power, wealth, love and happiness with very little effort. Why? Because they know something that you do not know. Read the book. Improve your life. Improve the world.
to read the book. Click HERE
to buy the book.
Happy Frugal Friday! I would like to share my top 5 favorite decorating books with an emphasis on flea market style. Not only is it more frugal but it's also a unique way to showcase your decorating style. Plus, the books themselves make great display statements on coffee tables or anywhere in your home or office.
1. Flea Market Decorating: Creating Style with Vintage Finds
This is one of my all time favorite decorating books. It gives practical flea-market shopping tips and advice. This book has 275 inspiring color photos of homes and rooms featuring creative decorating ideas. Hundreds of ideas for giving a room character and personality with vintage finds. It gives
easy how-to for evaluating, salvaging, and refurbishing finds. It has a list of favorite flea markets and antique fairs around the country.
to buy this book.
2. Flea Market Style: Decorating with a Creative Edge
This book offers exciting new ideas for choosing and decorating with flea market finds, illustrated with lush photographs of a variety of interiors from formal to funky. Part collector's guide, part decorating manual, Flea Market Style celebrates the marriage of two great passions - shopping and home design. It highlights flea market categories, from old textiles and paper goods to sports memorabilia, garden ornaments, kitchen collectibles, and major pieces of furniture, among others. This book proves anyone can use flea market finds to give their home a distinctive, personal style.
to buy this book.
3. Flea Market Style
This book has great inspirations to furnish and decorate your home with "found" objects instead of new items bought in stores. It explains how to find fresh and unexpected uses of second-hand pieces and antiques, and reveal how to mix old and new with flair and panache. The author explain how to locate bargain copies of modern classics (or the real things) and how to mix flea market or thrift store finds with high-end basics.
to buy this book.
4. Flea Market Chic
This book is about saving you money, along with recycling and repurposing. But its also about a sense of history and place, about individuality and creating a home that reflects your life and personality. Every piece in this book's interior has a story: the colorful pitcher found at a garage sale or the little chair found in a country junk store. Discover how to spot clever finds in a pile of junk and how to re-discover and re-use things your or your family already have.
to buy this book.
5. Paris Flea Market Style
If you love flea market bargain hunting and French interior design, this is the book for you! Shop and dream your way around the Paris flea markets like a pro with this colorful stroll through the city's best markets. Get tips on where to find what, trade secrets, favorite dealers and advice on shipping items home. Even if you can't make it to Paris, this book is truly inspirational. Take a seat and take a trip to Paris!
to buy this book.