It doesn't matter how much money I have to spare, I have always practiced the art of smart and savvy decorating.
It will not only be more rewarding financially but creatively as well. You can proudly say to your friends that you've furnished your room for less than 3 months worth of coffee at Starbucks!
Shop resources such as discount stores, thrift stores, outlet stores, garage sales, swap meets, flea markets, estate sales, Craigslist, even curbside discards! Let your friends and family know you are re-decorating, you'll be surprise what hand me down treasures they'll pass on to you.
Check out the guest room below that I furnished for $160 total. Happy decorating!
• Floor Lamp - Rose Bowl Swap Meet $10
• Loveseat - FREE Curbside Discard
• Slipcover for Loveseat - Target $30
• Window Shade - Target $20
• Stool for Fan - Flea Market $10
• White Tray - Yard Sale $5
• Flower Vase - FREE Water Glass Bottle
• Pillows - Ross & Marshall's $15
• Vintage Fan - Antique Store $40
• Stack of Boxes - Michael's $20
• Guest Room Book - Gift from my friend Jeanine
• Woven Floor Covering - Sample Sale Prop $10