1. Pack A Picnic - Go to your nearby park with picnic basket in tow filled with yummy food, drinks & treats. Enjoy a leisurely day under a shady tree while listening to cool music.
2. Head To The Water - if the weather is nice, pack up a cooler with food and drinks and head to the nearest beach, lake, river, pool, etc. Leave early so you can get good parking for free.
3. Visit Farmers Markets - check out a few farmers market within your neighborhood. Sample a taste or two of some of the fresh fruits in season or drinks the vendors are offering.
4. Play Sports Outdoors - whether it's a game of basketball, tennis, tag football or frisbee ... the important thing is that you are amongst friends and having fun!
5. Stroll Art Festivals & Street Fairs - make a day out of of browsing through local artist's arts and crafts as well as other interesting vendor wares.
6. Visit A Garden - explore local public gardens or parks where Spring flowers are on display.
7. Go For A Walk - whether it's a walk along the pier or a quaint street, enjoy every sight along the way.
8. Scenic Drives - Explore a new neighborhood. Map out your destination ahead of time and make sure to stop along the way so you can take in all the sights.
Related article: Frugal Picnic Tips & Ideas