However, every season, every day and every time is a chance to save money on something, right?
Here are 8 more thrifty tips you can do to save some money! For more money saving tips, click HERE.
- Wash clothes in cold water - This will save you money on energy costs and your clothes will come out just as clean.
- Use a dry towel in the dryer - I've read that by putting a dry towel in the dryer, it will take quicker to dry your clothes, which saves on energy costs.
- Do-it-yourself home improvement projects - Tackle projects around the house, such as painting or basic landscape work, etc.. to save a lot of money on professional services.
- Recycle gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbons - If it can be re-used, don't throw it away! I always recycle gift bags, tissues, bows, ribbons, etc.. from previous presents.
- Calendar artwork - There are some great images from old calendars that make great framed artwork. You can also use them as book covers or wrapping paper!
- Homemade gifts - If you love to bake, make some yummy cookies or brownie and present it in a gift basket or tin. If you love photography, print out some photos of the recipient and place them in a set of inexpensive frames.
- Walk or ride your bike - Instead of driving a few blocks to your destination, why not walk or ride your bike? It will save you money on gas and it's good exercise also!
- Do-it-yourself beauty regimen - Why pay a professional if you can do it yourself? I personally dye my own hair, give myself the occasional manicure & pedicure and masque facials.